Upcoming Member Events
Unless otherwise noted, programs are on the third Saturday of each month, from 9 AM to 12 noon, at GNR Public Health, 2570 Riverside Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046.
Members’ guests and prospective members are welcome to join us on a space-available basis for most programs. Please see description of event for more details.
Participation within MRC GEM is broken up into three different levels.
Level 1: General Member
In order to receive an official MRC GEM identification card and to be eligible for limited local deployment, you must:
- Complete the registration form.
- If you do not hold a current Georgia healthcare/medical license, complete and pass the background check.
- Review and familiarize yourself with the Incident Command System, National Incident Management System and the National Response Framework by visiting Disaster & Emergencies and National Response Framework.
- Review and familiarize yourself with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and infection control by reviewing MRC GEM’s PPE Powerpoint, and PPE video.
Please email email@example.com once you’ve completed these tasks. You will receive an MRC GEM Ball Cap at the next meeting!
Level 2: Intermediate Member
Intermediate member are eligible for deployment within the Gwinnett Newton Rockdale area and must meet the following requirements:
- Attend MRC Personal Protection Equipment and Infection Control training, available as a classroom course only. Upcoming training sessions are listed on our event calendar. Volunteers who can show successful completion of CERT training may waive this requirement.
- Take and pass HIPAA Training Course Module 1, available online for free after setting up an account with TRAIN. (see below for how to set up TRAIN account)
- Pass IS-100.c Introduction to Incident Command System, available online and may be offered in a classroom setting periodically.
- Read and familiarize yourself with the MRC Deployment Ready Guide.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org once you’ve completed these tasks. You will receive an MRC GEM Polo Shirt at the next meeting!
For HIPAA Training, feel free to use the following information to sign up:
Region 04(IV)/Georgia/MRC GEM
Phone: Work (678) 723-8436
Address: 2700 Braselton Hwy, Suite 10-193
Dacula, GA 30019-3222
Name: MRC GEM
Work Settings: Other (MRC)
Demographic Info, professional org: skip all
FEMA and Professional Org ID numbers: add if you have and wish to
Level 3: Advanced Member
Advanced members are eligible for deployment within state and EMAC area. You must meet the following requirements:
- Pass IS-700.b National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction, available online and may be offered in a classroom setting periodically.
- Be AHA CPR/AED certified. Certification class typically offered by MRC GEM once each year and can be found on our event training calendar.
- Take one of the following classes: Disaster First Aid, Stop the Bleed or Mass Casualty Response (may be offered in a classroom setting periodically).
Please email email@example.com once you’ve completed these tasks. You will receive an MRC GEM Starter Jacket at the next meeting!
Take the Initiative
Want to learn more about safety and preparedness? We have additional resources and training available so that you can always be an empowered citizen.